Young Scholars Charter School (YSCS) is seeking a passionate and hardworking Middle School Art Teacher to join the YSCS family for the 2018-19 school year.
• Plan and provide excellent instruction, making every minute count in your classroom;
• Develop detailed lesson plans, materials, homework assignments, and assessments based on state standards and school-wide goals for student achievement
• Provide differentiated learning opportunities to support each student’s academic growth;
• Set and reinforce clear expectations for student engagement;
• Continuously improve based on feedback and coaching from school leaders;
• Collaborate with other teachers to increase student engagement and achievement;
• Reward positive student engagement and hold students accountable using school-wide systems;
• Engage with family members regularly and participate in school-wide family engagement activities including phone calls to family members and school-based meetings with families;
• Provide additional academic support to students after school for at least one hour per week.
Educational Background and Work Experience